July 20, 2022

Welcome Colin Gibson, Undergrad Secretary!

We would like to give a warm welcome to the newest staff member of the Department! Colin Gibson has recently joined as the Undergraduate Secretary! You can read his statement below and get to know Colin a bit better!


My name is Colin Gibson and I have been assigned to the role of Undergraduate Secretary for the next little while. I'm so glad to join this team and to be a part of such an interesting field of study! I hope to continue to offer the same great responsive service given to undergraduates by my predecessors. 

I was educated as a journalist and marketing professional. I've worked at various positions around the university for the past 5-6 years, including extended stints as a development officer, events coordinator, communications assistant, even front-line support and office reception. I often joke that there's very few jobs around the campus that I haven't done. 
One of the things that I love about working here is the diversity of backgrounds and breadth of experiences. We have so many interesting and skilled people walking through our streets and halls. The University of Toronto really is a city-within-a-city, and our students, staff, and faculty makeup reflects the wide international community that Toronto represents. 
My goals in this role are to help further the excellent support historically offered to undergraduate students. I also hope to enhance the profile of the office through my extensive background in marketing and communications. 
I look forward to meeting you all and working with you to help make your academic journey as smooth and productive as possible. Drop by the office sometime to say hello! 

No comments:

Post a Comment